The 2014 Great American Pie Festival® is coming to Celebration, FL the weekend of April 26 - 27. I have been attending this event for the last several years. It is always so much fun with activities for all ages. You can see my write up of this event here:
You can also head over here for information about this years event:
Once again I have been provided with a family four pack of tickets to the Never-Ending Pie Buffet to giveaway on this site. If you have not experienced the Never-Ending Pie Buffet you are missing out. You get to enjoy as much pie as you can eat. They have so many different kinds too! YUM! I will be doing a series of pie posts over the next few weeks and then will have the giveaway. Enjoy the posts, make some pie and watch for a chance to win!
The first pie I am featuring is in memory of Grace "Nonie" M. Whiting who passed away on February 22, 2008. I count myself blessed to have a second family in my life. My extended family does not live nearby yet it is so important to have family and traditions and get togethers, especially on holidays. Especially for the kids. So how lucky am I that one of my very best friends, Angel and her family have been there for me. Grace is Angel's grandmother. Over the years it was always Grace who made the pies for the holidays. Her Cherry Cheese Pie was always the favorite.
Nonie's Cherry Cheese Pie
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 1 pack Dream Whip prepared according to package instructions
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 22 oz can cherry pie filling and topping
- Blind bake the pie crust according to the instructions on the package. Make sure to crimp high as the crust does shrink during baking. Cool completely.
- Prepare the Dream Whip according to the instructions on the package.
- Beat together the cream cheese, confectioners sugar, lemon juice and vanilla.
- Fold the Dream Whip into the cream cheese mixture.
- Pour into the pie shell.
- Gently spoon the cherry pie filling over top.
- Chill for at least 2 hours before serving.
I think you know my favorite pie. Cherry Cheese!!! I love and miss Nonie! I wish she was here with us! Thank you for sharing this recipe with you readers. I had a client read your blog and she made Nonie's pie and loved it.ReplyDelete